Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Rate Card Management
Using digital technology to navigate the labyrinth of freight rates
It’s a familiar problem for many businesses: as the supply chains of the 21st century become increasingly complex and the shipped goods increasingly diverse, it’s becoming more difficult to choose the most reliable and cost-effective transport provider.
Larger enterprises maintain a variety of general agreements with providers for every scenario: from courier services who can handle urgent small parts deliveries to shipping companies that can move containers across oceans—with a close eye on costs, of course. Within these enterprises, the international subsidiaries or departments often maintain parallel cost structures. This makes it difficult to get a clear view of the big picture—not to mention a quick answer to the rather basic question of “who can move the goods from point A to point B by the deadline at the best price?”
Consequently, a digital IT solution for rate card management enables the management of freight rates and offers the following functions, among others:
- Centralized, standardized, transparent management of all contracts and proposals
- Fast, reliable information on all contracts worldwide
- Flexible, transparent adjustment of transport rates
- Cost calculation for shipments with calculation of various alternatives based on freight rates and routing options
- Support for various transport types (package, road, rail, ocean, air) plus surcharges, pre-carriage lead times, etc.
- Support for multi-leg, multi-mode combinations
- Quick, practical communication of contract data
- Application of contract terms for planning and controlling purposes
- Easy integration into existing IT infrastructure
Rate Card Management redefines how prices for logistics services are calculated and determined. With the click of the mouse, freight rates and contract terms are retrieved and applied to predefined processes such as managing proposals or billing for services. Systematic access to all negotiated shipping rates also allows for automatic invoice verification. Bottom line: Rate Card Management is the clear choice thanks to easy administration and maintenance combined with an intuitive, user-friendly experience. Users benefit from streamlined carrier management and much greater transparency in price calculation.
Do you have any questions about our solutions or services?
Then get in touch with us. We will be happy to help you.