Have any questions?
+44 1234 567 890
Transport Management for Logistics Service Providers
Standardized processes, maximum transparency
The process for exchanging shipping data in transport management is rarely the picture of efficiency. Either the information needed to schedule the transports is missing, or data-sharing is hampered by the use of different IT systems or data formats that impede communication between the shipper and logistics service provider.
This has various ramifications. It makes planning more difficult—choosing the right unit load devices, for example, or utilizing their full capacity. The product IDs cannot be mirrored in the service provider’s system. The customer lacks end-to-end visibility of shipping data. The friction and information deficits in transport management often stem from the fact that shippers, logistics service providers, and end customers all operate in their own standalone, siloed software solutions. Ensuring cross-enterprise communication in transport management means striving for a solution that enables a smooth collaboration among all players.
A centralized, cloud-based IT platform sets a new standard and replaces legacy standalone solutions and includes the following transport management features and functions for logistics service providers, among others:
- Online interface for entering data, including dangerous goods status, with check routines, shipment upload, mobile app
- Data validation and the option to input additional information such as packaging and customs clearance data
- Printing of barcode labels and required documents like loading lists
- Display of shipping data in individualized, role-specific overviews
- Automatic shipping notification emails, including a tracking link
- Functions required to optimize the scheduling of road, rail, ocean, and air transports
- Comprehensive administration and configuration features for logistics service providers to independently manage and adapt existing solutions or set up new solutions for the various shipping customers
- Real-time shipment tracking and milestone monitoring
All transport management processes between different supply chain partners are standardized, with no rigid interlinking of systems. Shipping data from various sources is displayed in a unified format, and process workflows are monitored end to end. All the functions and data that enhance supply chain visibility and efficiency are centralized. The solution can be used as a shipment entry portal for standard shippers, for distribution management, or to control a cross-site, cross-enterprise procurement network.
This delivers significant operational benefits across all areas of transportation management: The administrative costs and overhead of processing shipments plunges. It’s now possible to plan and optimize the use of existing resources. Automatically monitoring the progress of shipments ensures a reliable, high-performing supply chain. And since the data is validated, this puts an end to the drudgery of manually verifying invoices. Validated data helps with all conceivable applications and functions, from requests for proposals to contract renegotiations.
Do you have any questions about our solutions or services?
Then get in touch with us. We will be happy to help you.